Huwebes, Setyembre 6, 2012

A Tribute to my Personal Heroes, My Friends.

Ipinaskil ni Eamarie sa 12:16:00 PM
As a normal human being, I have my down days. These can range from me waking-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-bed to those me having these i'm-so-depressed-i-wanna-eat-a-gallon-of-ice cream-and-cry-some-more tendencies. 

Fortunately for me, these emotional dips do not really last for a long span of time. Maybe it is due largely to the fact that I take joy in simple things like listening to a picker-upper song or stumbling upon an inspiring blog in the internet. But I believe, more than that, and mushy as this may seem (prepare for a corny one, friends), worries and pain easily go away because my friends are always there to save me. I don't know if the universe has its way of being updated on my emotional statistics, but it's always amazing how they decide to spend their precious time with me on those particular down days, with knowledge or without, re my emotional state. 

Scrap that. It's simply because I have the best friends one could ever have. With or without intervention from the universe.

I'll post this entry so that I'll always have a reminder that no matter what happens, no matter how painfully sad some days may be, I'll be okay because I have them in my life.

Enough of the lengthy intros. This blog is about my beautiful friends, and the way they make me happier. 


PEAS

Phel, Eamarie (me!), Anne, Shiela. These girls, I've been with during college up to now. Despite being pretty much occupied with matters related to our careers nowadays, PEAS has always been my go-to niche when I'm in need of a karaoke fix, movie buddies or just plain hanging-out. Anne, my personal introspective (not to mention the cutest ever) psychologist, and Shiela, my soul sister (we have so much in common, surprisingly even the names of our siblings) are two of the sweetest people I've met in my life. If I recount all those moments, I'll probably run out of internet space. Maybe little memories of card giving every monthsary, food court moments talking about "father john", "choco", "cyrus" and other decoded names of crushes, and those serious moments in an attempt to "work things out" are thoughts that lift me up, no fail. 

PEAS 4th anniversary (13 June 2010) at Marte's crib

Among the girls in PEAS, Phel is probably the closest to me ever since. Reason is, we live near each other, and we are the most updated in each other's lives. She's always been the first to know about everything. My problems, my secrets, my achievements, just simply EVERYTHING. She's seen me cry countless times, she'll treat me ice cream whenever I feel sad, she'll call even in ungodly hours just to check if I'm okay, she'll initiate events that will skyrocket my mood, any given time. All these, for six long years since I met her. I may not always tell her this, but I do not have the slightest idea of what I am going to do with my life if she ever goes away.


Yagit days will always be a fun memory. :)


PARE SOCIETY

Collectively speaking, the pare society is consist of all the girls in my Asian 2010 family, taking in point that common character of being these girls who are "too tough to handle". We have traveled Asia together, survived extremely difficult courses like International Law and International Political Economy, partied till the wee hours, and other experiences that are too many to mention. While I love all of them with all my heart, I am closest to my "pares", Johnafe and Jamila.


Valentines Day 2009. See who my dates were!
These girls, are the funniest people I've met in my life, not to mention the smartest. But despite the crazy fun, insanely zany relationship we have in the exterior, Jam and Johnafe have been the people who I've shared my best and worst moments with. We were classmates since freshman year (with Akeem, haha), made our way together till graduation, pares even up to now, and most probably forever. 

Thesis sleepover! haha
They are the ones who make me forget my problems in an instant, and are constant reminders that in the end, everything's gonna be okay. After all, it was the three of us who went out of our way to raise funds (and snag that round-trip domestic ticket from a willing sponsor) when we were already losing hope of being able to join our class's Asian trip. It was the three of us who were able to ace that thesis defense when all the while we were positive that our thesis sucked. It was the three of us who "innovated" and made our too-traditional professor happy with our final presentation which is just us having fun, being crazy in front of the digital camera and talking about Central Asian history in a different light. In other words, these are the people who know me the most, who can turn the impossible into a "highly doable" and I will never, ever regret that fact.

Pares, I know we are too pare-like to even say this, but seriously, I'm too blessed to have found you. 

Single life may be frustrating at times, but it is easy when I have you. :)


TRAVEL BUDDIES

Traveling is my passion, and sharing these with you guys, makes it all worthwhile. To my Asian family, Phuket peeps, Project 60k, and all my future traveling companions, thanks for being with me on those moments when I'm trying to discover new things about myself. :)


Asian 2010 - Merlion Park in Singapore City, Singapore (October 22, 2008)

Phi Phi Island Cruise, Phuket, Thailand (August 5, 2011)


ANONYMOUS FRIEND

Closest friends, undoubtedly, know who you are. Even with your absence from my life nowadays, I want you to remember that I'll forever be grateful because I met you. You've been successful in always making me feel safe all those years. You shared with me "nightless" sleeps, cared for me when I'm having my constant migraine attacks, agreed to watching tagalog sappy movies together just for the heck of it, and always reminded me how wonderful I am during my all-time low. We shared interests - we were both technology freaks, music junkies, crazy philosophers, introverted boring poets. 

I'll never forget how you made your way beyond my walls, when I have decided that I'll never let anyone in my life similar to the proximity we have had. I always go back to that day you reminded me I'm not like any other girl, and that I can do great things in the future. I have a perpetual picture of that moment when you looked into my eye and told me you love me. That moment, though gone now, has always provided me with joy whenever I think of it. You made (and still make) me the happiest person alive because I felt the same. 

I miss you sometimes, but I'm not waiting. That aside, I'll never regret us.

I know. It was limited edition. :)

Thank you everyone, for making me feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world. :)

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 

Love, Hegemony, and Chocolate Pearlshakes Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos