Lunes, Setyembre 16, 2013

Auditions Tomorrow: A Monologue

Ipinaskil ni Eamarie sa 12:21:00 PM
My live audition for Elements 2013: National Singing-Songwriting Camp will be tomorrow. September 17 at 2:00. A Tuesday.

I guess it's not really much of a big thing if I told others about it. Auditioning is not something new. But to think that the application was nationwide, involving a demographic of 18-35 year old singer-songwriters who may or may not be professionals, being one of the 150 shortlisted applicants who are given the chance to perform their song in front of Ryan Cayabyab is a big a deal to me. But I have never really thought about how it means to me until this jittery, butterflies-in-my-stomach feeling had began its operations inside my system.

See: http://elementsmusiccamp.com.ph/index.php/news/shortlist2013/

An audition. Me. Singing a song that I, myself, have written and gave melody to. A thing entirely my own: my thoughts and feelings. My personal experience. Something that I would usually contain within the confines of my encrypted journals and at times, share to a few select friends. Finally, for a certain - and rare - point in my life, I'm fighting for something that is my own. I'm shedding some of my wallflower skin for a while.

I took the chance to become part of Elements not to gain fame. For one, I'm not really comfortable being under the limelight. I consider myself to be this individual whose main function is to produce something, an idea or whatever art form, for others to give life to. 

I want to be in this camp because I want to be with people who share with me the same love and passion for the arts. In reality, growth in this particular aspect could be very difficult. We may be too caught up with our day-to-day responsibilities, demands of our careers, personal issues, etc, leaving us with no more time to really look within ourselves, our passions and what really makes us happy. Sharing even the shortest moment with individuals whose spirit are as hungry as mine, will help me enliven my dormant flame inside. With potential learning which will be imparted by those who are already way up there in this, self-discovery may even be possible. Wherever I may be after this, the flame will stick with me and make me a better person. 

Also, something in me thirsts for that opportunity to feed my God-given talents, because I know my beliefs, stories, ideas and thoughts in general may inspire even just a single soul, and I need the necessary means to be able to do that. Making a difference in this world may be a big work to accomplish, but if we know where to start, who to connect with, coupled with the technical know-hows, the enormous challenge in adding value to various lives may be within reach. Elements is the perfect venue.

Who knows? My song may gain its way to being in the list of Zia Quizon's next album.

But yeah, I should make good tomorrow. I knocked, and the opportunity opened its doors. The ball is with me now. Let's do this.

My ticket to the shortlist! (and hopefully to Elements 2013 itself):


0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 

Love, Hegemony, and Chocolate Pearlshakes Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos